A great video Interview with Venture Hacker Naval Ravikant answering the age-old question:
What do you look for in a startup?
Investors look for two things that are paramount above all:
- Great team: It’s obvious. It’s a tautology. Everybody says it. You have to be working with some of the best people in the industry you’re in.
- Huge market: Niche markets just don’t work because the first idea never works. You always have to change the idea, so you need room to maneuver in a big market.
There are three more factors that investors look at:
- Difficult technology that is compounding over time.
- A proprietary distribution channel. A clever viral marketing, or partnership, or whatever strategy that gives them a leg up over competitors.
- A direct monetization model. Something more than throwing up 10 cent banner ad CPMs.
Read more at Venture Hacks.