Robert Scoble published a list of ARKit Apps (Augmented Reality). I found it interesting and listing it here, in no particular order, for the records. You need an ARKit-enabled iPhone or iPad to play with these apps.
- Sketchfab – drop 3D objects near you.
- Orb – pull out basic shapes and then sculpt, rotate, and paint them to create your own Orbs.
- PuzzlAR: World Tour -puzzle game.
- Holo – see the quality of holograms.
- Army of Robots – you must destroy the robots that are invading your REAL WORLD.
- Paint Space AR – draw in the air with all sorts of brushes and colors.
- Math Ninja AR – get kids involved in learning math.
- World Brush – paint with brushes on the world around you.
- Follow Me Dragon – Say hi to your new dragon! He breathes fire, does tricks, and follows you anywhere you go!
- Insight Heart – explore the human heart; rotate and scale the high-resolution heart floating in front of you.
- Monster Park – Dino World – Would you like to make a hilarious photo with dinosaurs, those who ruled the Earth long time ago?
- Nitro Nation – For those who live life 1/4 mile at a time, Nitro Nation is the most addictive drag racing game!
- aCen – a target shooting game.
- Fitness AR – explore your Strava bike rides and runs in augmented reality.
- powARdup – a fast-paced arcade survival game.
- Magic Sudoku – aim this app at a sudoku board game and it’ll solve it for you.
- Dronetopolis – Fly a virtual drone around.
- Dance Reality – Learn to dance in AR.
- My Very Hungry Caterpillar – caterpillar game.
- Conduct AR – a train game.
- Color BlastAR – find the paint buckets and treasure chests hidden in your room and start blasting life-sized zombies with color.
- AR Runner – gets you to run around.
- Splitter Critters – Split the world with a swipe of your finger and then rearrange it to guide critters back to their spaceship.
- ARrived – The player assumes the role of a deity who must lead followers through key decisions and interacts with real environment in order to guide them reach prosperity and to all kinds of crazy stuff.
- GIPHY World: AR GIFs+Stickers – Get ready to fill the world around you with GIFs & stickers in glorious AR powered 3D!
- AR Sports Basketball – basketball game.
- AR-Basketball – basketball game.
- Drive Ahead! Minigolf – Minigolf.
- Mammoth Mini Golf AR – a wacky caveman themed world of mini golf right into your home.
- Stack AR – Stack up the blocks as high as you can.
- CARROT Weather – a crazy-powerful weather app that delivers hilariously twisted forecasts.
- Zombie Gunship Revenant – zombie shooter where you take control of a heavily-armed helicopter gunship and obliterate zombies from the sky.
- Pigeon Panic – run haphazardly into large flocks of pigeons.
- Phantogeist – first person shooter game.
- The Machines – bring an AR battlefield to life in front of your eyes.
- YuME: Alice’s Dream – a story about a dream within a dream – story, puzzles, games.
- Domino World – create incredible virtual domino courses quickly and easily in the world around you, using an assortment of tiles, props and toys.
- shARk – lets sharks enter your world and swim with you.
- Twilight Pioneers:Dragon ARena – a story about a dragon soul controller fighting with the Dark Lord.
- AR Balloons – pop Balloons in augmented reality.
- Knightfall – places you into the world of Knights Templar as they seek to defend the city of Acre from an invadaing army.
- The Box – every day you get new functionality.
- Mancala FS5 – a board game.
Not so long ago you could only develop in Objective-C (for iOS) or in Java (For Android).
Along with million other uses of mobile phones, the latest upcoming advantage of this device is, it is going to create a revolution in education. Mobile phones are going to have the power to digitally impart education globally. Even the most tech-savvy person would have never dreamt in her wildest dreams, that such a possibility would ever come into being.
A unique partnership between Aptech & Hungama has led to the formation of Aptech Hungama Digital Education.
Over the years & for various reasons, Android is not treated at par with Apple applications by prominent application developers. Apple was the preferred destination to showcase new applications. And, there definitely were available all reasons & justifications about why Apple was the front-runner for App Development.
However, there is a clear change in recent days as developers and commercial establishments have recognized the importance of sharing a launch pad equally with iOS and Android. With the change in the game plan, it is likely that more number of premium Android applications will be made available for growing android fans.
Why Android is Scoring?
- The plus point for Android developers is that Android is an open source platform which gives the advantage of the involvement of a large number of developers.
- Developers will have the opportunity to squeeze the latest advancements in technology front.
- No license expense is involved in the development of an Android application. Hence, developers have the opportunity to make large earnings with little investments.
- Android has a unique advantage in integration of various applications. Developers are exploring the opportunities available with Android to invent unique applications.
- It is advantageous & possible to develop Android mobile applications using different languages such as Java, Python, Perl, etc.
- Further Android software development kit (SDK) works like Droid emulator. Developers are not required to download and upload the software to test on mobile phones. All the process and functional aspects can be checked through the emulator.
Businesses can hire Android developers to develop an innovative applications. However, enough research should be done in figuring out the kind of application they want to launch & the purpose.
As technology is growing on a continuous basis, it is very much important to hire knowledgeable developers to accomplish your high end tasks. With over 300 million Android phones available in the market, it is a great opportunity for developers to take advantage of the growing demand for Android devices.
From basic phones to smartphones, LG offers a wide range of models. Each model offers a specific set of features in proportion to the budget opted by users. Along-with other mobile phone manufacturing majors such as Samsung, HTC and Nokia, LG launches attractive new models with new features quite often. Recently, LG announced a new set of 3 phones – “L” series. These new models have close resemblance to HTC and Samsung. Through L series, LG offers simplified versions of smartphones. L Styles will fit in between budget and high-end models of LG.
New L-style phones offer better grip and it is easy to carry these slim sized ones. Special layout and design features attract users to stick to the new screen. Of the three L models announced, LG Optimus L7 comes with 4.3″ display. L5 sports 4″ while L3 sports 3.2 inches. L7 offers Ice Cream Sandwich and L3 runs on Gingerbread Android OS. It is revealed that L3 comes with 3 MP camera while L5 and L7 are fitted with 5 MP cameras.
Just as Flickr enables you to manage and store photos, AuthorStream helps you manage and share PowerPoint presentation files on internet. The service is offered free of cost. You can sign up and start your presentation sharing instantaneously. In order to fulfill the requirements of mobile segment, AuthorStream has announced a new mobile site. With the enhanced mobile version, you will be able to share presentations through social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and Google+ or through email as well.
You can view available presentations, search presentations and share presentations through the mobile version. The distinct advantage AuthorStream provides in addition to its capacity to serve mobile community is the ability to store, retrieve and share presentations without compromising on quality. Whatever is embedded in your slides like animations, sounds and videos will not be distorted or modified from their original versions. Furthermore, users will be able to access presentations from anywhere and at anytime.
Mobile phones that run on Android OS have the advantage to access innumerable number of Android Applications. Ever since Google has taken control on Android operating system, rapid development has taken place. Smart Android applications have not only enhanced functionalities of mobile phones but also changed the lifestyles of millions of people across the globe. Google has been improving social application, Google+ for Android quite often to ensure that there will be steady and stable growth. Google has delivered updates for Google+ for Android application.
Google Chrome is one of the most suave and user friendly browsers. This browser is mostly used as a style statement due to its vogue user interface and themes. The good news for Chrome lovers and Android owners is that google has started offering the beta version of the chrome browser for the android users. On the flip side, the chrome browser is only available for the android devices that use Android version 4.0 or popularly known as the Ice Cream Sandwich. Currently only 1% of the Android population are on Ice Cream Sandwich Android devices.
Today, most Android Devices have the best of cameras possible. In fact, your default Android device may not have a good app to take photos and share them. However, with a little help from some of the latest apps, you can transform it into a useful photographic escort. It can handle a wide range of photography related tasks. Android is the hottest mobile innovation by Google that is taking the mobile market by storm. This mobile platform is totally unlocked, allowing application developers a free rein to display their creativity; at the same time it gives the users the advantage to experience freedom of playing with new possibilities. There has been an overabundance of android phones in the mobile market recently and that effectively increases the amount of great photography apps in the marketplace.
Some creative Silicon Valley professionals branch off on their own to become entrepreneurs by starting their own tech venture. Aditya Kothadiya did exactly that, twice.
As a founder of Shopalize and JustRemindIt, Aditya is riding entrepreneurial journey twice. This enterprising individual’s newest venture JustRemindIt has created a simple and yet brilliant application: a service that sends automatic reminders via Phone call and SMS to others. It also provides recurring reminders, contact lists, templates, an iPhone app and lot more functionalities.
If your interest is piqued – our readers have a special coupon code “BRAJ20OFF” to get 20% off on the first three months of billing periods. The coupon will expire on Tuesday 20th December 2011. Continue reading