Flash Player 9 for Linux released
Adobe announced the release of the "Flash Player 9 for Linux (Flash Player 9 for Linux)":http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer9.html. Read the "FAQ for Flash Player 9 for Linux (FAQ for Flash Player 9 for Linux)":http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flash_Player#FAQ:_Flash_Player_9_for_Linux_beta and here is the "Release Note (Release Note)":http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/releasenotes.html.
*Known issues for Linux*
* Full-screen mode is not available for the Linux player yet. SSL support is not available in the Linux Standalone Player. These features will be implemented for the final release.
* Artifacts may appear when video initially plays.
* System fonts may appear differently between Linux distributions. Formatting issues may result.
* AMF3 connections do not work over RTMP. (186958)
* Right clicking outside of Flash Player while the context menu is displayed doesn't make the context menu disappear. Workaround: Left-click to turn off the context menu. (187957)
* IME is not available (no international text input). (184489)
* Express Install is an unsupported feature due to the variety of Linux platforms, each handling the Adobe Flash Player plug-in installation in different ways.
* Acrobat Connect Add-In installation is not working at this time. (188318)
* The Standalone Player is available in English only. (184237)
*Fixed issues (Win/Mac)*
* When opening 2 window instances of IE 7 with 2 tabs each, crash will occur with binary socket connection. (186530)
* Clicking play/pause button in a Google video opens another IE window and new window crashes. (184274)
* Player crashes when parent MovieClip destroyed using a onSetFocus event handler. (187080)
* Safari dropping frames and playing video poorly in full-screen mode (PPC & Mactel). (187776)
* Dynamic TextField prints as a solid box when using embedded fonts and set for anti-alias for readability. (187087)
* Setting selectable=false on a TextField doesn't prevent keyboard selection. (186835)
* RegExp .index property isn't double byte aware. (186337)
* Artifacts when initially playing + video stream freeze when selecting second video clip. (186435)
* Alpha channel rendering issue when rendering video containing an alpha channel, followed by another asset on the same stream without an alpha channel. (183860)
_Figures in brackets denotes bug number in the Adobe BugBase._
* "Beta Refresh on Adobe Labs: Flash Player 9 for Linux beta now available (Beta Refresh on Adobe Labs: Flash Player 9 for Linux beta now available)":http://weblogs.macromedia.com/emmy/archives/2006/10/beta_refresh_on.cfm
* "Beta is Live (Flash Player 9 beta refresh)":http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2006/10/beta_is_live.html
* " Flash Player 9 for Linux Beta 1 ( Flash Player 9 for Linux Beta 1)":http://www.kaourantin.net/2006/10/flash-player-9-for-linux-beta-1.html