Splash Image from Adobe
Have you been waiting for an update to the Adobe Media Player (the old one stopped working long back)? Well, Adobe Labs have an update available.
Download Adobe Media Player now!
What is Adobe Media Player?
Adobe Media Player lets you watch your favorite shows, anytime, anywhere — while enabling new ways for content businesses to create, deliver, and monetize high-quality content and advertising through a customizable cross-platform player that supports both downloaded and streamed media.
Adobe is driving a fusion of TV and the Internet with Adobe Media Player, Flash Media Server, content protection technologies, and a broad and powerful ecosystem of partners providing key solutions from content creation through delivery and monetization. Adobe Media Player gives the user complete control and flexibility to view what they want, when they want—online and offline.
Some of the salient features of the Adobe Media Player;
- Catalog — Discover new shows and video podcasts to add to your Favorite Shows.
- My Favorites — Automatically download new episodes of your favorite shows and video podcasts.
- New Episodes — Quickly manage and play a list of new episodes from your favorite shows and video podcasts.
- Personal Videos — Gather and manage your personal collection of Flash videos.
- FLV on your Desktop — Stream, download, manage, and play rich media content.
New Features introduced in the latest Release;
- H.264 and HE-AAC support — view high-quality video encoded with the H.264 video and HE-AAC audio codecs.
- Hardware accelerated full screen support — play back full-screen videos with improved performance on Windows and Apple Macs.
- More control over your viewing experience — new video scaling options (full window/full screen, actual size, scale up), keyboard controls (play, pause, fast forward, rewind), and a resume play option that starts playback where you last stopped the video.
- Customize your environment — the Options area allow you to set your Adobe Media Player preferences, along with new episode default settings that govern playback of newly downloaded shows.
- Catalog search — quickly and easily find the shows you want to see using keywords or tags.
- Continuous play of new episodes — have your own marathon of all the episodes of your favorite show with only one click on the play button.
- Content Status Indicators — quickly see the status of each episode of your favorite show, whether it is being downloaded or streamed, and if you’ve watched it or not.
Mac Users — The badge installer will not update previous versions of Adobe AIR. You need to have Adobe AIR beta 3 prior to installing Adobe Media Player.
Windows Users — Once the installation is complete, the Adobe Media Player application window will open behind your browser window. To access it, simply move the browser window aside.
And, the minimum Flash Player requirement is the Flash Player version 9,0,115,0.