I used Trello for my daughter’s school admission

In India, we have lots of good schools. The problem is getting to the right one in the right location. Ask any parent and they will tell you their adventurous stories of how they navigated through the chaotic processes of getting their kid admitted to the school of their choice. Like any other established institutions […]

Olacabs, a bad User Experience

Olacabs (source : Olacabs) India is on a 48 hour stand-still with the ‘India Bandh’ called by the All Trade Union. They are protesting against privatization, outsourcing, violation of labour laws, price rise and several other burning issues of the country, trade unions of banking, insurance, public sector undertakings, transporters and unorganized sectors. Nope, I’m […]

A quick chat about “In50Hrs” with Vijay Anand

Many in the Indian Startup scene knows Vijay Anand or have heard of him. Vijay Anand run The Startup Centre and is very involved with Startups and Entrepreneurs in India. I recently had the opportunity to meet him in person when he brought In50Hrs to Bangalore for the first time. In50hrs is The Idea-To-Prototype Event. […]

Interesting, strange, weird way to ‘save our forests’

Greenpeace India has released an interesting Facebook App where you can add a picture to a video, portraying you as a ‘hero’ saving the forests in Central India from coal mining. The whole idea looks interesting and you should try it out. Unfortunately, for me, I’m a little confused as none of the menus seem […]

In50hrs – The Idea-to-Prototype Event

In50hrs is an interesting concept, where ideas meet doer to build something in a short time – a weekend. In50hrs is The Idea-To-Prototype Event. Entrepreneurs (or Idea Smiths), Developers and Product Designers come together to work on audacious ideas and build working prototypes (MVP) over a Weekend. In50hrs have few chapters happening across major Indian […]

Dayson Pais: Entrepreneur²

Mumbai-based Dayson Pais is the founder of Webly, of Epicwhale, of The Womo — and now he is the founder (and janitor) of Textme. And all this has been in the past 5 years. Dayson’s passion is incubating services and products for the web, brand identity, print, mobile & digital field — hence the creation […]

Social Entrepreneur Arunachalam Muruganantham Disrupts the Period Industry

Arunachalam Muruganantham is a social Entrepreneur who decided to disrupt the period industry, specially for developing countries like India, where cost of sanitary napkins is not affordable to most women. He says that only 7% of the Indian women uses the modern-day sanitary napkins and his target is to make the remaining 93% have access […]

The TiE Entrepreneurial Summit, 2011

With the theme, “Celebrating the EntrepreneurTrip”, the TiE Entrepreneurial Summit 2011 will drive their focus on the entrepreneurial journey – trials, tribulations, challenges and exhilaration – from ideation to creation to growth and scaling. Entrepreneurship experiences and lessons from across this spectrum will be discussed, debated and shared through multiple panels and sessions including Guru […]