IBM announced the release of Eclipse EGL Web Developer Tool version 0.7. It is the first open source version of its EGL development tool. EGL stands for Enterprise Generation Tools, which is developed by IBM. It is a programming tool deliberated to meet the challenges of new, multi platform application development by providing a common language and programming model across languages, frameworks and runtime podium. The language makes use of concepts familiar to anyone that uses statically typed languages like Java, COBOL, C, etc. On the other hand, the language borrows the notion of Stereotype from Universal Modeling Language, not usually found in statically typed programming languages.
EGL is not just another language. The philosophy behind was to build up a new platform without implying to learn a new language. EGL has many great features like Source editing, Visual Editing, Rich Widget Library, Debugging, IDE Test Server, Database Access, Web services and Batch Programs.
Peter Thiel, quirky billionaire tech mogul, PayPal founder and original Facebook investor has done so many things right. So, when he recently predicted that the United States is in a post-recession Great Stagnation of science and technology — people listened. At this year’s FreedomFest Peter Thiel announced in his debate with George Gilder, entitled “Future Shock: Has Technology Stalled in America?”, that technological innovation has essentially flat-lined. “There’s been insane progress in computers, Internet, and all things related to it,” Thiel said during his debate at FreedomFest. “It’s been offset by incredible failure in energy. To a first order, the two things have cancelled each other out.”
Innovation is a term which comes naturally to Entrepreneurs. Needless to mention, today there is a rapid growth in start-ups and small companies. Leading organizations and big corporations though, are at a loss of innovating new products and services on a comparative note. A long time ago, entrepreneurs were taken so lightly and entrepreneurship was considered to be one for losers. Times have changed and changed for the good. A recent study came with a report of innovations coming from small companies of about 84%, the rest (16%) from large companies. These large companies miss out on a particular type of individual, the one who drives change, make things happen, pushes the boundaries and challenges the organization.
Though the advancement of electronic devices & breakthrough gadgets has been advancing progressively; the battery technology still is a few steps behind the other. In the coming years, one can expect their laptops, cars, mobile phones and any other devices running on battery to be replaced by something which is more handy & small in size. This dream is possible to envisage due to a group of researchers engaged in creating new evolution in the battery technology domain.
There has lately been enough pressure from three corners of the technology world on Apple, which has coerced it to change its policy control over the development of applications for its iPhones and iPads. At one corner of the ring is the developers’ community which has been highly dissatisfied with Apple’s strict policy on developing application software; at the other two corners are external forces, namely the Federal Trade Commission conducting a US antitrust investigation on the technology firm and Competition rising from rival Google’s Android software which plays a huge role in powering several mobile devices (Smartphones) other than iPhone.
Acer which is more often than not known for its efficient Notebooks and its customized production of Ferrari Smartphones, now wants to gain a lot of attention. This attention-grabbing stint of Acer will be through the launch of not just one product, but the unveiling of a whole range of new-age hardware products which shall cater to a future-ready consumer audience. In the earlier days (early 2000) it was and even now is to some extent, Apple which regularly comes up with novel products that are termed legendarily as ground-breaking innovations. In the recent past, Apple is slowly but steadily facing competition from several players who also seem to have started making headlines with their innovative product-launches.
As many waited the unveiling of a quintessential @facebook.com kind of an email service from Facebook, CEO Mark Zuckerberg thought it would be more fitting to launch his latest service as the “Modern Messaging System“. He started his product launch presentation speech by referring to a bunch of school kids he spoke to who, according to him, considered the email communications system that exists right now to be very ‘slow’ and ‘too formal’. And this has provoked a need gap that Mark wants to fill in; hence the launch of a messaging system.