Dev Tools - The tools they use to run and build 37signals
37signals has a very nice list of tools that helped them run and build their team. Do read the comments for more insights on other people’s ideas. I am beginning to really like the idea of a very open community in this blog-era-internet. People are virtually opening up almost everything, sharing everything and being in a very healthy competition.
And here are some of the tools that we use day in and day out (or rather very frequently) at Oinam Software.
- http://www.cvsdude.org/ - CVS, SVN, Trac for Source Version Control
- http://www.directi.com/ for Website-Domain-DNS Management
- http://www.basecamphq.com/ for Project Management
- http://www.gmail.com/ for Newsletters, Lyrics and everything that can come in with possible spams
- http://www.movabletype.org/ for most of our Site’s CMS
- http://www.haveamint.com/ for Site Statistics Analysis
- http://www.mediatemple.net/, http://www.mediumcube.com/
- http://www.blinksale.com/ for Invoice
- http://www.eclipse.org/ and its variant
- http://office.microsoft.com/, http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/ for E-Mail Management
- http://newsgator.com/ for RSS Management
- http://www.lenovo.com/ (Erstwhile IBM) Thinkcenter and Thinkpads
- http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/ for IMs and internal text-communication,http://www.skype.com/ and http://www.teliphone.ca/ for Voice communication
What about your Dev Tools?