There are updates for Adobe Certified Expert exams for CS3 for trainers, authors and others who wishes to document their proficienty in Adobe Tools. Such certifications are very useful specially for new professionals who wish to get a better job.
It can be difficult to get ahead in today’s market. To stand out and be noticed. More than ever, you need a clear and focused way to tell the world about your expertise. The solution? Become Adobe Certified. Adobe certification is an industry standard of excellence, and it’s the absolute best way to communicate your proficiency in leading products from Adobe.
In the words from Adobe;
As an individual, an Adobe Certified credential allows you to:
- Differentiate yourself from competitors
- Get your resume noticed
- Attract and win new business
- Gain recognition from your employer
- Leverage the power of the Adobe brand
As a business, use the Adobe Certified credential as a benchmark so you can:
- Find the right person for the job
- Quickly assess candidate skill level
- Invest in, and promote, your most promising employees
There are two types of Adobe Certification;
1. An Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) is a person who has demonstrated proficiency with one or more Adobe software products. To become an ACE, you must pass one or more product-specific proficiency exams and agree to the ACE terms and conditions.
This has three levels of certification:
Single Product Certification: Recognizes your proficiency in a single Adobe Product. To quality as an ACE, you must pass one product-specific exam.
Specialist Certification: Recognizes your proficiency in a specific medium — print, web or video. To become certified as a Specialist, you must pass the exams on the required products listed below.
|Adobe Products||Print Specialist||Web Specialist||Video Specialist|
|Adobe Dreamweaver or GoLive||–||**||–|
|Adobe Acrobat Professional Print Production||**||*||–|
|Adobe After Effects||–||–||**|
** — Must pass all required exams.
* — Any one elective.
– — Not Applicable.
Master Certification: Recognizes your skills in the Adobe Product Suites. To become certified as a Master, you must pass the exams for each of the products in the suite.
2. The Adobe Certified Professionals (ACPs) set themselves apart from other IT professionals. They consistently demonstrate expertise with Adobe products and platforms, and add value to colleagues, managers, and their own career.
There is only one level of certification which is the Single Product Certification. This recognizes your proficiency in a single Adobe Product.
View the current list of Product exams and requirements at Adobe.
Adobe certification exams are administered by Pearson VUE and Thomson Prometric, independent third-party testing companies. The exams are computer-delivered, closed-book tests consisting of 60 to 90 multiple-choice questions. Each exam takes one to two hours to complete, and results are given to you at the testing center immediately after you finish. The certification exam fee is USD $150.
The keys to preparing for a certification exam are experience with the product and studying using the following resources
- Adobe Product User Guides
- Adobe Press Books
- Adobe Authorized Training Centers
- Adobe Online Training
- Tutorials and materials from Total Training
- Other training resources online
Note: If you’re in India and are interested in Adobe Certifications, get in touch with Teknopoint, they are officially recognized Adobe Partners and can help you.