An online film festival - We Speak, Here
Culture Unplugged Studios have launched a new film festival – We Speak, Here. This festival is an effort to share personal stories of us as an individual being, our physical & spiritual existence, our myriad expressions, dark & light, of human mind, body & soul, as a response to life within & without. The festival hopes to inspire us all to reflect on human life & its journey so far, and search for our individual purpose that can guide the legend we are to create & contribute to our humanity. The festival invites you to explore ‘we’, in need to know you, him or her as ‘me’.
In an earlier festival launch – Spirit Enlightened, in January 2010, over one million people from 211+ countries and 17000+ cities visited the festival. They viewed over 390 films, and have applauded the documentary and short film works of the diverse film-makers across the globe that explore spirituality, consciousness, evolutionary awareness, belief and value system.
Among many deep & beautiful films, the audience has rewarded the following films:
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE (Most Viewed): A Magical Vision by Michael Caplan, United States
- POPULAR (Runner Up): O Sal Da Terra (The Salt of the Earth) by Eloi Pires Ferreira, Brazil
- VIRAL (Most Shared/Linked): Flood of Life in Marrakech by Mohamed Ezoubeiri, United States
- UNDISCOVERED (Must View): Flight from Death - The Quest for Immortality by Patrick Shen, United States
- FILM-MAKER’S CHOICE (Conscious Art): Instructions to the Cook - A Zen Master’s Recipe for Living a Life That Matters by Christof Wolf, Germany
These films are archived at FilMedia Network, which offers substantial archive of quality shorts, documentaries and features from around the globe with primary focus on Asia, Middle East & Africa. It caters to not only film lovers around the world who are plugged into the net and looking for free-to-watch soulful cinema, but also caters to upcoming or established independent film-makers and grassroots productions that are looking to reach out to a wider audience (for a social mission, or simply to share with the world their voice/art). It facilitates their need to be discovered by global producers, find new markets/audiences and connect with prospective collaborators from different regions.