Adobe introduces Acrobat XI
In a small, focussed and quite gathering, Adobe unveiled their new Acrobat XI. Acrobat is Adobe’s product suite for creating, editing, and viewing PDFs. It is literally used by all big corps, government institutions, and many non-profit organizations.
The event was India focussed and Adobe showed some pretty interesting statistics and details on how Indian companies, Institutes, and other governing bodies like Passport Offices, Vehicle Registration and Licensing were using Adobe Acrobat to automate document management tasks.
Adobe Acrobat now features PDF editing and export to Microsoft PowerPoint; touch-friendly capabilities on tablets; and newly integrated cloud services, including Web contracting with Adobe EchoSign and forms creation, data collection, and analysis with Adobe FormsCentral. Acrobat XI additionally supports IT departments with seamless Microsoft Office and SharePoint integration, easy deployment, applications virtualization, and robust application security to help provide a low cost of ownership and sound return on investment.
Acrobat XI has the following offerings - Acrobat XI Pro, Acrobat XI Standard, Adobe Reader XI, and newly integrated document services, Adobe FormsCentral and Adobe EchoSign.
With Adobe Acrobat XI, new and improved features and functionality for business professionals now include:
- Edit PDF files, modify paragraphs, images, and objects by simply clicking and dragging using the new, intuitive Edit Text and Images tool. Arrange and visually merge select content and multiple documents into one organized PDF file, while retaining source file integrity.
- Expedite document and Web contract approvals from weeks to hours with electronic signatures using the integrated Adobe EchoSign electronic signature service. Simplify forms creation, distribution, and results analysis using the included Adobe FormsCentral desktop app.
- Enhanced mobile capabilities. Work with PDF files across tablets and smartphones in touch-friendly Adobe Reader to annotate and add comments, as well as fill in, sign, and save forms.
- Save PDF documents as PowerPoint, Word, or Excel files or reuse parts of or entire PDF files as Microsoft Office documents and Web pages without retyping or need to reformat.
- Improved protection of all PDF files created from Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel to help prevent copying, editing, or printing without permission.
The new and improved IT features and functionality now enable IT professionals, to:
- Standardize on an easy to use, full-featured, consistent, trusted PDF Reader now with full support for iPads and Android tablets. Additionally, deliver Acrobat XI and Reader XI as a centrally managed, touch-friendly, virtual application with new support for Microsoft App-V via Citrix XenApp.
- Integrate Adobe Acrobat XI more seamlessly with Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint, enabling users to do more with PDF in an Office or SharePoint environment.
- Streamline deployment and maintenance with free Adobe tools to aid configuration and installation, as well as enhanced support for Microsoft SCCM/SCUP and Apple Remote Desktop.