Project Planning, Management
Learnt few good tips and tricks from many good people in the community during the year gone by. And further from experience, here is a list/quickie of points that one should always remember while planning, managing projects.
- Plan, organize and execute team activities and tasks, team work is the way to go.
- Try to meet your target on an 8-hour, 5-day basis.
- Realistic and measurable deadlines.
- No Procrastination.
- Distribute work properly, delegate effectively.
- Perform your tasks smarter, not harder nor longer.
- Find more time for your family, social life, leisure, exercise and your interests.
PROJECT RISK FACTORS
- Lack of team skill and head count.
- Unrealistic schedules and budget.
- Developing the wrong software functions.
- Developing the wrong user interface.
- Gold plating.
- Continuing stream of requirement changes.
- Shortfalls in externally furnished components.
- Shortfalls in performed tasks.
- Real-time performance shortfalls.
- Straining technical architecture.
- No or little planning.
Never estimate quote/price or timeline without a set of project requirements.