Learnt few good tips and tricks from many good people in the community during the year gone by. And further from experience, here is a list/quickie of points that one should always remember while planning, managing projects.
- Plan, organize and execute team activities and tasks, team work is the way to go
- Try to meet your target on an 8-hour, 5-day basis
- Realistic and measurable deadlines
- No Procrastination
- Distribute work properly, delegate effectively
- Perform your tasks smarter, not harder nor longer
- Find more time for your family, social life, leisure, exercise and your interests
PROJECT RISK FACTORS
- Lack of team skill and head count
- Unrealistic schedules and budget
- Developing the wrong software functions
- Developing the wrong user interface
- Gold plating
- Continuing stream of requirement changes
- Shortfalls in externally furnished components
- Shortfalls in performed tasks
- Real-time performance shortfalls
- Straining technical architecture
- No or little planning
Never estimate quote/price or timeline without a set of project requirements.
And here is How to Stick to Your New Year’s Resolutions.