Developer Summit 2008, India
This is a reader submited article.
The Indian Developer Summit 2008 Features Co-located Conferences on Bleeding-edge .NET, Rich Web, Daring Java. The Call for Proposals are now Open and Nominations are invited for the Awards.
Under the hood of robust enterprise IT systems, infrastructure, software, products and applications, is the wisdom, passion, grit and experience of people who have contributed in multiple ways to make the end product successful. This collective ecosystem of "Developers" -- decision makers, analysts, architects, engineers, project managers, designers, and programmers -- is what makes the world of software tick.
The 2008 edition of the annual Great Indian Developer Summit, centered around the theme of "Recipes for Enterprise Productivity", features a blockbuster convergence of three on-the-radar co-located conferences that no entity in the "Developer ecosystem" can ignore in their quest for success at work and in their careers -- Bleeding-edge .NET, Rich Web and Daring Java.
The first of its kind in India, Saltmarch Media's Developer Summit 2008 will provide a high quality summit experience where the most intelligent minds and proactive technology organisations converge to create a high-quality learning experience. Hosted in an intimate setting, the summit offers its participants the best food and comforts, ample networking opportunities, and thematized downtimes and after hours to foster informal interaction among the developer community in India.
CO-LOCATED CONFERENCES @ GREAT INDIAN DEVELOPER SUMMIT
* Bleeding-edge .NET (May 19-20, 2008): Coverage spans across the following tracks - Visual Studio 2008 & .NET 3.5, Databases/SQL Server/Language Integrated Query (LINQ), C# 2008/WWF/WCF/WPF, BizTalk Server/BPM/SOA, SharePoint & Search, Visual Studio Team System, Cut & Bleed technologies
* Rich Web (May 21, 2008): Tracks include Web 2.0 & Social Applications, Enterprise 2.0, Ajax In Action, Dynamic Scripting, Browsers & Rich UI, Rich Web Security, and Rich Web Stories
* Daring Java (May 22-23, 2008): Java Enterprise, Java Development Tools & Techniques, Java Infrastructure Technologies, Java Mobile, Java on the Desktop, Open Source Java, Java Stories, Java and the Rich Web, and Agile Experiences
Come, Combine, and Compile at this high-quality summit experience where the most intelligent minds and proactive technology organizations will converge to create a high-quality learning experience.
NOMINATIONS INVITED FOR AWARDS IN JAVA, .NET, RICH WEB
In 2008, India is celebrating product excellence and professional achievements in the IT developer ecosystem. The Great Indian Developer Awards will acknowledge and honor Top Ambassadors, Top Committers, Ecosystem Leaders, and Products Par Excellence that are making a positive impact to software productivity. The awards will throw the spotlight on product excellence, research and innovation, corporate achievements, the strongest individual efforts, and the most compelling community efforts among the entire IT developer fraternity in India. The winners will, undoubtedly, be set on the fast route to broad recognition of their achievements.
The award categories are:
* Top Ambassador
* Top Committer
* Ecosystem Leader
* Products Par Excellence
Development Environments, Collaboration Solution, Content Management, Design and Modeling, Change and Configuration Management, Testing, Security, Web Development, Mobile Development, Frameworks, Database, Technical Books.
Everyone worldwide is invited to nominate individuals, technologies, and organizations contributing to the evangelism, productivity and innovation excellence of the Indian developer ecosystem. The entries nominated by the ecosystem will be adjudged by an independent jury who will indulge in a rigorous and transparent process of selection. The awards will be announced at an exclusive awards nite on May 21 2008, at Bangalore, India, as part of Great Indian Developer Summit 2008. Nominate deserving individuals and projects.
CALL FOR PAPERS OPEN
To join the Great Indian Developer Summit 2008 as a speaker is a great opportunity to build brand equity for both you as an individual and for your organization. The Call for Participation (CfP) is currently open till Feb 22 2008.
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS/WHY ATTEND
Participants can choose to sign up for a Golden Pass (access to all 5 days) or choose a co-located conference package, such as Bleeding-edge .NET (May 19-20), Rich Web (May 21), and/or Daring Java (May 22-23 2008).
Benefits for participants (say for e.g. Golden Pass) include:
* Entry to all sessions, keynotes, power panels, and expo across all 5 days (May 19-23 2008)
* Cool Great Indian Developer Summit Conference Bag/Backpack
* Cool Summit T-shirt
* DVD-ROM of all programs at the summit
* 5-star Lunch, Coffee, and Refreshments, across all 5 days
* 1 Complimentary Pass to the .NET Champagne Party (May 19)
* 1 Complimentary Pass to the Great Indian Developer Awards Nite (May 21)
* 1 Complimentary Pass to the Java Teenage Party (May 23)
* Great Indian Developer Summit Participation Certificate
Website: Great Indian Developer Summit 2008
Venue: Bangalore, India
Dates: May 19-23, 2008