Wondershare Photo Recovery for Mac
Data recovery has been one of the most talked about aspects of computing, ever since we realized the importance of data storage. Irrespective of a file format or the operating system we work on, it becomes a dire need to be able to recover files which might have been deleted accidentally.
While I continue to quench my thirst for softwares that make life easier on Mac, Brajeshwar.com was given an opportunity to try out Wondershare Photo Recovery for Mac. It’s an easy-to-use and cost effective photo recovery software for mac that can recover lost, deleted, formatted and inaccessible photos, videos and music files. Just to add, it also provides recovery from iPod – Classic, Nano & Shuffle, USB drive and even a digital camera.
I got nostalgic about the time when some of the best photographs I had, moved into drains of digital clutter when my hard disk crashed, 2 years ago. Recently, after a trip to Japan, I accidentally formatted the memory card off the new DSLR camera I bought. Wondershare came handy there as well!
Salient features of Wondershare Photo Recovery for Mac;
- You can recover files from not just Mac, but iPods (except touch), USB drives and digital cameras.
- The Demo version allows preview of images and evaluate recovery quality before you buy the product.
- Apart from pictures, the software can recover deleted videos and music files from your Mac. Much needed if you’re good at clearing the trash carelessly!
- The application supports major photo, video and music formats.
- One can recover images from Mac with original file names and storage paths to get precise Mac image recovery.
- It has two recovery modes - Deleted Recovery and Deep Recovery, each having respective advantages.
- If you wish to recover files based on the file size criterion, the software supports file filter function too.
- Figuring out what to restore and what not to becomes tough if you have several hundred pictures on the media. The application supports photo thumbnail preview which lets you choose pictures easily.
- Inability to recover photos from iPhone and iPod Touch.
- The software does not allow previewing video files.
- Formats such as .FLV are not supported.
- Unable to resume the recovery process.
- In-Unstable while trying to recover a whole hard-drive.
I hope these barriers would be soon crossed in the future releases of WonderShare Photo Recovery for Mac. Over all, it’s a slick and easy to use app to get things done for a little less than 50$!
Win 5 FREE Licenses: Tell us a short story about your data lost and how a recovery solution will help you. Wondershare have agreed to give out 5 professional License of Wondershare Photo Recovery for FREE. Comment with a valid email.
Note: For those who are willing to go beyond the GUI and into the command-line, TestDisk is a powerful open-source file recovery software which works on DOS (either real or in a Windows 9x DOS-box), Windows (NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, Windows 7 (x86 & x64), Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, SunOS and MacOS X.