Mac OS X Lion
From the article, here’s a tip on how to burn a bootable Lion Installation.
- Download Mac OS X Lion from the App Store.
- Before you go ahead and Install, once you have the installer application, do a “Show Package Contents” on the Installer.
- You should find a 3.74GB disk image (InstallESD.dmg, stored in the Contents/SharedSupport folder).
- Use that disk image to burn a Lion installation DVD or create an emergency external boot disk.
10 Mistakes a Graphic Designer Shouldn’t be Making
Charlie Johnson shared a nice article on 10 Mistakes a Graphic Designer Shouldn’t be Making at DesignTaxi.
The Mistakes to avoid:
- Working without a design brief.
- Ignoring the target audience.
- Not maintaining a contract.
- Avoiding contact with the client.
- Not staying up-to-date.
- Not starting in black and white.
- Pass off plagiarism as inspiration.
- Neglecting the power of simplicity.
- Lose confidence.
You do not need to define “0” a unit in CSS
I see quite a lot of CSS where the “0” is suffixed with a unit like “px”, “em”. Well, “0” do not have a unit and do not need one. The unit identifier can be omitted if the value is a length (CSS3 Editor Draft). After a zero length, the unit identifier is optional. However, the exception is if ‘0’ is an “angle”, the unit identifier is required. You’ll have to say “0deg”.