The Da Vinci Code
India was supposed to screen The Da Vinci Code "along with the world (The Da Vinci Code Movie Release Date worldwide)":http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/davincicode/international/ on the 19th of May, 2006 but due to the controversy, it was decided that the movie can be screened but with a "disclaimer (Disclaimer duel may delay Da Vinci Code)":http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1539951.cms at the beginning and at the end of the movie that the characters are fictious, the movie is a work of fiction. Well, that delayed the movie release by a week. Finally, The Da Vinci Code is being released in India today (May 26, 2006).
Yesterday late in the evening, I went to see the preview screening of The "Da Vinci Code (Da Vinci Code)":http://www.davincicode.com/ and found the movie good against all the not-so-good reviews that abounds the internet. Nonetheless, I felt that it was a bit slow-paced. Recollecting, I read the "book (Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code the Book)":http://www.danbrown.com/novels/davinci_code/ in a day's time and was more absorbed in that than the movie.
I felt Tom Hanks (who played the famed symbologist Professor Robert Langdon) did not get much chance of displaying his versatile acting skill in this movie, (remember "Cast Away (Cast Away)":http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0162222/, "The Terminal (The Terminal)":http://www.brajeshwar.com/archives/2004/09/the-terminal/, _et al_) and I wished that the French actor Audrey Tautou (who plays the cryptologist Sophie Neveu) was a bit more reactive, agile. Or was it that they played their role just right, right to the point where they should and not really overplay! Having read the book earlier, I was perhaps expecting the movie to deliver more. Anyway, the movie was a good-to-see movie.
* "Da Vinci protest planned (Da Vinci protest planned)":http://www.timesheraldonline.com/todaysnews/ci_3842148
* "Da Vinci undermines faith, survey claims (Da Vinci undermines faith, survey claims)":http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12815760/
* "Da Vinci Code ready to open amid controversy (Da Vinci Code ready to open amid controversy)":http://www.10nbc.com/news.asp?template=item&story_id=18886
* "India Clears Da Vinci Code (India Clears Da Vinci Code)":http://film.guardian.co.uk/apnews/story/0,,-5830229,00.html
* "Da Vinci Decoded (Da Vinci Decoded)":http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/specialcoverage/1539694.cms
* "Caesars Box (Caesars Box)":http://www.brajeshwar.com/archives/2004/07/caesars-box/
* "128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78 (128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78)":http://www.brajeshwar.com/archives/2004/07/128109385101289811266251263916878/
* "Dan Brown (Dan Brown)":http://www.danbrown.com/
* "Da Vinci Code Movie Website (Da Vinci Code Movie Website)":http://www.thedavincicode-movie.com/