The “Search for N” - Win a Nokia N97
- Arun Muthuvel
Congratulations! You’ll be contacted by Nokia for the formalities.
These were the 5 questions for the contest that started on 15th June, 2009.
15th June, 2009
Q. It makes your internet experience more personal. What is it? A. Widgets
Clue: “The Nokia N97 allows you to personalize your Internet Experience with Widgets. The phone screen can be fully personalized with frequently updated widgets of your favorite web servies and social networking sites. Widgets can thus bring forth a whole new personal experience to your Nokia N97.”
16th June, 2009
Q. Thanks to this feature, you won’t need a keypad. What is it? A. “Touch” or “Touchscreen”
Clue: Advancement in technology have made it possible for everyday usage to be more natural. Form factors have improved and the experience have improved a lot – evolution from the Touch interfaces of day-to-day activities to the QWERTY to the new Touch Screen – consumers have evolved and are now looking for more intuitive interfaces. Nokia have taken a paradigm shift with the new Touch screen on new Nokia devices. The Nokia N97 sports an intuitive Touch interface so you can personalize your home screen in an easy and interesting way.
17th June, 2009
Q. A virtual store that lets you store, share and access content. A. “Ovi Store”
Clue: To make the hardware experience better and help the device evolve via appliations or widgets, Nokia have introduced the Ovi Store, where you can get more widgets for your Nokia phone. Ovi Store is a self-service, web-based tool that provides content providers and developers with an easy way to distribute and sell mobile applications and content to millions of consumers.
In short, Ovi Store;
- Delivers smart content recommendations based on user actions, handset and location.
- Supports a range of content types including applications, games, videos, podcasts, productivity tools, web and location-based services and much more.
- Leverages Nokia’s scale to provide content providers, developers and operator partners with a potentially lucrative and unrivaled opportunity to target consumers.
18th June, 2009
Q. The first six letters in the modern day keyboard layout. A. QWERTY
Clue: Be it typing or gaming or just navigating, consumers like to have different forms of inputs – touch, keypads and some prefer best of both worlds. An insight from the Axel Meyer, Global Design Head for Nokia is that QWERTY is important for gaming as people are used to using both their hands.
The QWERTY helps transform the product from a monoblock to a multimedia computer. The thought behind was to make a world class QWERTY with equal spacing between keys, spacebar to the side, consumers can use their 10 fingers to write, and also enables ease of use and speed of writing.
19th June, 2009
Q. Currently the largest storage available for any Nokia Phone. A. 32GB
Clue: The Nokia N97 have a whooping 32GB built-in Storage and another 15GB expandable. Users can carry everything – music, games, emails, contacts, photos, videos and much more.
- There will be a total of 5 questions to be answered during the contest period.
- The participant has to answer all 5 questions correctly to be eligible for the prize.
- Correct and fastest submissions (from the time of the question being released every day) will stand a better chance to win the award.
- There will be 10 winners declared at the end of the contest, 2 each from participating site/blog.
- In case of ties, the winners will be selected through a draw of luck.
- The decision of Nokia India will be final and binding.
- The contest is an online contest only and no offline/mobile submissions will be accepted.
- Only one entry per day per participant will be eligible.
- Nokia India is offering one unit of Nokia N97 each as the prize to each of the winners.
- Contest starts 15th June and continues till 19th June, 2009.
For more details, visit the Search for N.